Saturday, March 31, 2012

CTMH: Sonoma Layouts

The last time I posted the Sonoma Family Tree, there was only one tree. As you all know, I do make both pages of every layout. But for this layout, I made two trees, one for my husbands family and one for my family.

For the Rubio family tree, I just made the ovals for my parents and for the six kids. After careful consideration, I will be adding the spouses and kids to the tree, simply because some of my siblings did not have kids or did not get married. I was scared that it would look too crowded, but after I laid it out, it looked nice. My plans are to put them in shadow boxes and hang them in my house. But I have a feeling that after my family sees the final product, they are going to ask me to make some for them too...
For the parents I used Cocoa Ink to stamp the image, my husband and his brothers I used Pansy Purple, for the spouses I used Olive Green and for the grand kids I used Desert Sand. Also, the parents and the kids are on 3D foam tape, the spouses and grand kids are adhered directly to the cardstock, which makes it nice to distinguish family members. You may choose to use pictures in "Sepia" finish to add the layouts or you can hand wright the names and date of birth under the names, either one looks beautiful.
I will be adding more flowers to the them before placing them in the shadow boxes, I just did not want to add them before I took the pictures to for the blog, because the kit only included a certain amount of embellishments per kit. But as you know... scrapbookers will always have extra embellishments to add to any layout.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comment.
I appreciate it very much!