Wednesday, September 14, 2011
Close To My Heart Spotlight Blog Hop
This month at the CTMH Spotlight Blog Hop we are featuring the Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge. And if you are coming from Wendy Kessler's blog, you are in the right path.
It was very hard to decide to make a card, layout or something 3D, so since I've been testing the water with a lot of 3D things, I wanted to keep the momentum going.
Bren Yule will be hosting a Close To My Heart Leadeshare here in San Diego in October and I have decided to donate this frame to her Operation Smile Silent Auction. This will be one of the several things that I am working on for donation pieces.
- Buy wooden frame from Michael's in the dollar bin
- sand any rough edges and remove inner chipboard
- Place Tulip cardstock on working surface, place wooden frame face down.
- with dry embossing tool, trace inner and outer edges of frame
- with paper trimmer cut the inner and outer edges on the embossed lines
- glue the cardstock to the frame, make sure you get all the edges
- on the Cricut, cut our one 5" rose and the rest in 3"
- Choose, "Font" and "Shift Lock" and "Banner/Heart" for the roses
- Assemble roses and glue to the frame.
I will have a video tutorial for this in the next coming weeks. If you are new to my blog, I am a very part-time blogger so please be patient. If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at MyCreativeInkCTMH@gmail.com.
I hope you try this project, it is very simple to do and very elegant.
Now go on to Elizabeth's Blog, she is the next fabulous stop on the our blog hop.