Sunday, September 25, 2011

Close To My Heart Roxie Layouts


Hi There,
Here is the last of the three layout sets I created for last weeks Roxie Kit workshop. If you ordered your kit to be shipped, they are boxed up and my mail carrier will pick up tomorrow. I am eager to see what you think.


Every time I see this layout, it makes me think of the movie "Alice in Wonderland", the one with Johnny Depp. It must be the roses and the muted colors that inspire the theme.

For this Layout, the roses were not hand made, even though I do prefer "My" roses, I wanted to give the new Art Philosophy cartridge a whirl on the roses. They were very simple to assemble and I just had to really, really roll the petals for them to lay flatter that usual, since I cannot trim the base of these roses to make them less 3D. Overall I am very happy with this layout and I am thinking of having my husband take some pictures of my Victoria and I at Balboa park this coming spring when the Rose garden is in full bloom, especially for this layout.


Because these roses look so beautiful with the Sparkle button in the middle of them, my plan is to order another set of the Sparkle Buttons (Bling Assortment Z1466) and add them to the centers of the roses and a few more on the swirls on the paper.

3 comments:

  1. Your layouts are always so beautiful and wonderful. I'm jealous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful, love the colors and flowers

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is SOOO beautiful! I hope I can make beautiful layouts like this one. I'll be checking out your tutorials that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comment.
I appreciate it very much!